In this modern world of ours, there are still many people who are physically challenged and cannot live independently. There are many ways you can help them make their lives easier and more comfortable. Here are some tips on how you can do that:
How to Help Physically Challenged Persons Essay
1. Create a barrier free environment
- Make sure the environment is safe for them.
- Make sure the environment is accessible for them.
- Make sure the environment is comfortable for them
2. Do not stare at them
Staring is rude and hurtful, even if it’s unintentional. If you notice someone staring at you, it’s okay to ask if they need help or have a question for you. Just don’t assume that every person who looks at you has some sort of question or comment on their mind; maybe they’re just looking at what color shirt/pants/coat/hat combination would go best with your eyes!
3. Be sensitive to the needs of physically challenged persons
Being sensitive to the needs of physically challenged persons is important. It’s not enough simply to be aware of their limitations and not impose your own, but you should also try not to make assumptions about their capabilities. If a person uses a wheelchair or walker, for example, it may be tempting for others to assume that he or she can’t do certain things–such as climb stairs or push open doors–but often these assumptions are incorrect: some people with disabilities are able to perform tasks that seem beyond them simply because they want so badly to do them themselves rather than rely on others’ help with everyday tasks like opening doors or climbing stairs.
4. Be careful
Be careful to avoid patronizing your friend or family member who has physical challenges by overdoing it: don’t insist on carrying heavy items when someone else could easily do it; don’t offer unsolicited advice unless specifically asked (and even then only if asked); don’t insist on doing everything yourself when there are other options available (such as asking another person).
5. Be willing to assist
This is the most important thing you can do for a physically challenged person. If they need help with something, don’t be afraid to ask if there’s anything you can do for them. Do not be afraid of being seen as rude or intrusive by asking for assistance, because it could mean that their quality of life improves significantly just by having someone nearby who will lend a hand when needed. It may seem like an inconvenience at first but once they start getting used to it they’ll appreciate your help more than ever!
6. Be respectful of their privacy
This should go without saying but keep in mind that just because someone is disabled doesn’t mean he/she wants everyone knowing about his disability all the time; try not making assumptions based on appearances alone (i’m looking at YOU here). If he/she wants people around him/her then great! But if not then leave him alone unless specifically invited otherwise.”
7. Involve them in all activities as much as possible
As a caregiver, it is important to involve your loved one in all activities as much as possible. Being physically challenged does not mean that they cannot participate in any activity or social interaction. You just need to be sensitive to their needs and help them along the way.
There are many things that can be done by physically challenged persons; some examples include:
- Participate in sports like bowling, golfing or dancing classes (if they have good balance).
- Go out on picnics with friends/family members who would like to spend time with them regardless of their physical challenges
8. Speak directly to the person, not his guardian or helper
- Speak directly to the person, not his guardian or helper.
- Physically challenged persons have a right to privacy. They are not children, mentally ill and they do not need a guardian to speak for them in public places like shopping malls, hotels and restaurants etcetera. If you want to help someone physically challenged please address him directly by using “you”, instead of using phrases such as: “the blind man” or “the deaf woman”.
9. Educate them because they have their own talents too!
You should educate them because they have their own talents too! They can do many things that we take for granted. If given the right opportunity and environment, they can be just like us.
They have their own dreams, aspirations and goals in life. They are also capable of achieving these goals if given a chance to do so by society or at home but unfortunately most people think differently about them because of their physical limitations which is not true at all!
10. As much as possible help them to live independently and have normal lives
- As much as possible, help them to live independently and have normal lives.
- It is important for physically challenged persons to be able to live independently and have normal lives.
In conclusion, we can say that the physically challenged persons are like any other normal human being. They have feelings and emotions just like you and me. So, it’s our responsibility to help them live a normal life and enjoy their life as much as possible.